Monday, July 21, 2008

Grandpa cardi for Seany or Grandma cardi for me?

That's the choice I'm faced with....I can only afford one, well, can afford neither so can definitely only stretch to one.
I quite like the idea of making something significant for Seany, as he always does the 'knitting face' whenever I finish something....you know like it could be done better, and I sort of want to prove him wrong.
But then you know, something for me, a soft snuggly mohair cardi????
Decisions, decisions....
So this is the Wrap Jacket, from Jo Sharp's Knit Issue 3, making the next to largest size uses 14 balls of mohair, at $9.95 each, that's over $150 for this cardi.....whoa.....

Then there's the Maurizio for Seany, I would make a similar colour for him, probably in RYC Cashsoft DK, all up this would cost about $120 with postage. So a bit cheaper. Mmmmm, just don't know.

Plus I am waiting, (impatiently) on an order from Angel Yarns to make a blanket for new bubba, but more on that when it actually arrives. The package, not the bubba that is....

And I have finished something this week too. I made a Drop Stitch Scarf, a new pattern with some stash yarn, it was so pretty when finished I wanted to give it to someone, as it wasn't really to my taste. I offered it to my Mum but she's not really into scarves, so I sent it to my grandma, Junee, hope she likes it. Here it is...


Felt quite proud to have done a pattern, and a lace one at that. I just won't tell anyone the actual name of the pattern was Easy Drop Stitch Scarf!!!!
Countdown to bubba: 4 weeks.....oh dear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both those cardi's look fab. You should knit the one for yourself :-)