Thursday, June 26, 2008

Some Old Pictures..

I neglected my blog for so long, I thought I'd search through my old pics and see if I can find some finished items. I'm only now getting back into my knitting, after having about 5 months off to throw up, feel nauseous and complain a lot...(see previous post re pregnancy for enlightenment)..
So here is a Sari silk scarf I made for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas. I personally hated the Sari silk, all rough and scratchy, and I didn't know what sort of pattern to knit with it, so I just did a plain garter stitch. But when finished and washed in expensive conditioner (numerous times) it wasn't too bad....if you like that sort of thing. Hopefully she did..



Then I had the baby booties I made in November 2007, before I knew I would shortly be preggers.. I made them because I thought they would be easy and I had some spare Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino left over. I gave them to my friend Maria, who I thought would be more likely to know someone with a baby than me. I didn't mind doing them but probably won't repeat the pattern. It came from Debbie Bliss' book, Baby Cashmerino.


And I can't finish this off without telling you about poor old Red Ted. He was my first fore into knitting in adult life, I made him for my first born when she was brand new. This is the pattern I used...Zoe Mellor's My First Teddy from Nursery Knits, but I had not a clue about tension, yarn substitution, or anything really, as is extremely apparent when you see the actual Red Ted....

We laugh about him but really, he's well loved......

















No comments: