Thursday, October 2, 2008

To dummy or not to dummy?

I have just had my third child, I have a 4 year old, 2 year old and now a 4 week old.With my previous two children I didn't use a dummy, my first I just never thought of it, never saw a need. If she was upset or unsettled I rocked or held her.
The second time around I thought of it, but couldn't bring myself to put that big plastic/rubbery thing in his mouth.
Now lo and behold I am questioning the use of dummy's again. This time i certainly don't have as much time to hold and rock new baby. And she hates to travel in the car, so yes, I bought a dummy and use it religiously for car trips. But now am considering bringing the dreaded dummy indoors.....
I don't really know what I find so offensive about dummy's, I think I don't want to cover up my precious angel's face with all that man made plastic...

No comments: